The information herein is meant to provide a snapshot of typical condo specifications and prices available for sale in Whistler, BC. Information is based on data as of October 5, 2019 and is provided for illustrative purposes only. As data is derived from listing prices it may not be indicative of sales prices.
Whistler Condo Prices
Typical Whistler condo prices include:
- $500,000 will get you a studio apartment covering approximately 410 square feet .
- $750,000 will get you a one bedroom, one bathroom condo covering approximately 556 square feet.
- $1,000,000 will get you a two bedroom two bathroom condo covering approximately 753 square feet.
Age, location and amenities will vary but you can expect to purchase a Whistler Village condo or ski-in ski-out in Creekside built in the early to late 90’s with a common hot tub and/or pool at this price point.
In order to break into the housing market in Whistler, you’ll need a cool $1.5 million for a two bedroom, two bathroom house.
Short-term rentals in Whistler are permitted subject to zoning. Phase 1 zoning is the most flexible ownership type allowing both short-term rentals and unlimited owner use.
Be sure to launch our interactive map to see what $500,000 to $1 million+ buys across Canada’s other top vacation and recreational destinations.
Traditionally an alpine ski town, Whistler, BC is now a year round destination.
Mountain biking, hiking, ziplining, swimming and whitewater rafting are just a sampling of the spring and summer activities that Whistler offers. Looking for a place to shop and eat? Look no further than Whistler Village, which has won numerous design awards over the years. Whistler has a bit of everything yet maintains a small town feel for those interested in escaping the busy city life. It’s no wonder that Whistler, BC is home to one of the most expensive real estate markets in Canada. Relevant data includes:
- Closest major city: Vancouver (121 km)
- Population: 11,854*
- Median age: 34.2*
- Median household income: $79,752*
- 2018 Single Family Median Price: $2,400,563^
- 2019 Single Family Median Price: $2,359,875^
- 2019/2018 Price (%): -1.7%^
- 2020 Median Price Forecast: $2,359,875^
- 2020 Median Price Forecast (%): 0%^
*Statistics Canada. 2016 Census .^ Royal LePage. Recreational Property Report 2019.