The information herein is meant to provide a snapshot of typical condo, townhouse and house prices in Banff, Alberta, including property type, square footage and number of bedrooms and bathrooms. Information is based on data as of October 10, 2019 and is provided for illustrative purposes only. As data is derived from listing prices it may not be indicative of sales prices.
Banff House Prices – Condos and Townhouses
Typical condo and townhouse prices in Banff include:
- $500,000 buys a two bedroom, 1.5 bathroom condo covering approximately 878 square feet.
- $750,000 gets you a three bedroom, two bathroom townhouse covering approximately 1,363 square feet.
- $1,000,000 affords a three bedroom, three bathroom condo covering approximately 1,378 square feet.
Age, location and amenities will vary but you can expect to purchase a condo or townhouse built in the 1980’s or 1990’s close to the center of Banff.
Banff House Prices – Detached
In order to break into the housing market in Banff, Alberta you’ll need approximately $1.5 million, which gets you a four bedroom, three bathroom house covering 1,690 square feet. More modest homes on smaller lots may also be available in the low $1 millions although inventory is often limited at this price point.
If you would like more information on Banff house prices, or vacation property prices in Canada’s other top vacation and recreational destinations, be sure to launch our interactive map to see what $500,000 to $1 million+ buys.
A resort town located in Banff National Park, Banff, Alberta offers the typical comforts from home while maintaining a delicate balance between commercial development and nature.
Located on the eastern side of the Canadian Rockies, Banff is surrounded by towering mountains and beautiful countryside. Banff is also home to natural hot springs which draw tourists from far and wide. During the winter months, there is no shortage of ski terrain as Mt. Norquay, The Lake Louise Ski Resort and Sunshine Village are all close by. Canmore, a popular destination in its own right, is only a 20 minute drive away. For all of the outdoor enthusiasts out there, Banff should be near the top of your list of places to own a vacation property. Relevant data includes:
- Closest major city: Calgary (127 km)
- Other nearby destinations: Canmore (24 km)
- Population: 7,851*
- Median age: 35.2*
- Median household income: $81,088*
- 2019 median detached/semi-detached price (Bow Valley): $975,000 (+14.7% from 2016)^
- 2019 townhouse median price (Bow Valley): $700,000 (+18.6% from 2016)^
- 2019 apartment median price (Bow Valley): $500,000 (+22% from 2016)^
*Source: Statistics Canada. 2016 Census. ^ Christopher Vincent. Sotheby’s International Realty. September Market Update